Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Month of Memories

In this holly month Muslims rush into prayers and catching what they missed all year long since in this month heaven doors are open wide to accept every work we do. To me this month refresh my memory and draw this big smile on my face, Ramadan is my month of beautiful memories and im sure you too.

I remember when i was five; that year was our first Ramadan without my father (may he rest in peace) I decided to fast with the family so my mothers dream came true to stop me from all the sugar I love and my fast was not to eat chocolates or potato puffs :) which I believe what a good entertainment for my family after my dad's passed away.

At age 8, I finally got to fast the real way without anytime of food but I still got my way out of it _its just so great to break rules_ I remember I used to gather all my cousins _ 5 of them_ and we take all we want from the sugars and potato puffs_ which they were gifts from my uncles_ and hide under the stairs and do a tea party :) and my poor male cousin used to be our servant :LOL:

When my brothers left the country Ramadan has another feeling I received gifts on daily bases and that year I got 3 SEGA's and 2 nitendo the ones that had hundred games in them and my dear game boy. Those were the special gifts to me that time. And ofcourse those very special letters from my brothers out there LOL I couldn't write them a decent letter hehe :)speaking about gifts on that ramadan when I was 6 I got my custom made barbie house and that year was so special to me.

Many group activities were practiced in Ramadan before I used to really fast my and my cousins used to hang all day in the swimming pool until dinner is servered _ which is eftaar_ and I used to be all day hanging around on my bike with my neibhour friends.

at age 17 on of my brother came and at 20 the other came and that Ramadan oh god was a blessing but my poor mom had to cook her self.

Last year Ramadan was special too very much indeed, last year I make 4 kinds of dessert in one day and thank god they were ok :) IM no that much of a cook but I made it and IM proud of my self, every Ramadan throughout my life I had to cook something actually even the guys cooked in Ramadan, oh last year was really special.

These are tinny of the memories I have in Ramadan so share with us yours. :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

let me guess, leqeemat tuna, balalee6 tuna, jelly with tuna and custard with ...TUNA!

10/05/2005 3:11 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

Aham shay tuna ... purg i dont like tuna unless its tune melt :)

10/05/2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Ok,

all above but add melt after the word tuna :P

10/05/2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger MBH said...

"but my poor mom had to cook her self."

I know what you meant with that statement, but it really sounded so brutal! o_0;

10/05/2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

purgy: they were desserts dear :)
mbh: yes to me its brutel, so what about your memories?
taquila: how explain :)
MsB: Thank you dear 3aleena o 3aleech, yes i wish this year ramdan will bring ziggy to me :) thank you dear, so what are your memories?

10/07/2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger Ra-1 said...

:)

I really miss going to 'kids r us' first day of each Eid and buy new toys n_n

10/08/2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

ms.milk: to be honest in that age i used to be hanging outdoors with my friends :) until its eftar :)

ra-1: oh those are the best days...na7no wal a6fal :) oh i remember we used to gather all the family with my cousins etc. in a mini van or a 4X4 and take that trip to na7no wal a6fal WANAASAAAA yeah this was the best reward for ramadan :) and best way to spend il 3edeyah and i remember i used to go runing to barbie houses and never got one because they were never my style LOL

10/08/2005 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i`ll just say that ramadan to me is the month of Love. i dont know how you`ll understand it but to me it is so

10/09/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

taqui:) oh this is the best thing in being a kid in ramadan

bb: welcome back

10/09/2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

did you find your bird?

10/09/2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger Sheba said...

yo3ana! magdar afaker :(

10/10/2005 2:15 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

spon: nope
sheba: wesalim :*
fract: thank you dude.

10/11/2005 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you have a nice blog. I found it quite unique.
Hope it works well for you!
Phil

1/07/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

12/19/2015 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home