Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sponges on shore!!


Can you see clearly?

Now its 12:22am and my exam is after 6 hours ..
I didn't finish studying yet..All I feel like is writing and writing and writing with all my spelling and grammar mistakes..
now since my exam is about algae (seaweed) I would love to share with you blogger something cute I found out while going on field trips collecting algaes.

This white mollusk like thing in the picture above with wholes is something you all know and use on daily bases.. This is Sponge :) natural sponge.. Its not like the one you see in you kitchen or shower with ,its another species of sponge and its still young :)

Now this was found Near Kuwait towers in low tide, I found it attached to a big square can was polluting this area. This beach pollutant seems to make a very good environment for sponges, and from studying the can it contained Phosphorus and high level of copper which phosphorus is a very important inorganic nutrient for algaes but Copper is a strong pollutant and yet this sponge survived and my little algaes died.

The reason behind all that is yet not 100% proven because teachers don't want to work unless they get paid.

So if you ever saw such a thing (sponge) in a swimming area and it was attached to a rusted can., for the love of god take you children out of that place copper is dangerous :) and don't kill those creatures let them live to give us some industrial and investment ideas.

3 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

men elseb7 3ala hal sowar :P

5/31/2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Good luck on your exam Nooni :)

5/31/2005 7:13 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

purg: ya fata7 ya kareem :P
esh7aga yuba dont you like my little friends? they love you and your birds.

JoJo: thank you my dear :*

5/31/2005 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home