Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ziggy Boy my Little Angel


Ziggy boy my little angle
i know you might say oh no not him again
People this is a request
Q8CG this is for you girl.

ok now this is ziggy boy you all know him by now, ziggy is a new born golden blue macaw he weight 2kilo grams if more by now and he is big to a bird his body is about 30-40cm long and his tail is double his body size.

I got this bird as an early birthday gift from my great brother and as a complimentary for the yellow tropical green room he just built :) but the main thing was me because I've always asked my mother to allow me to have a pet any kind of pet.
before Ziggy Marley i used to have Karlos which i talked about on my early posts he passed away and also him was a gift from my brother.

Anyhow my stories with pets will never end , so when i first saw Ziggy i was scared to death i couldn't enter the Green room i was extremely scared imagine after i had that little African new born parrot i am having a HUGE one with a big stronger beak i was scared. From that moment i instantly remembered ziggy marley and started to sing his song specially the shark tail one (don't worry) so i didn't worry and started to get closer to ziggy , he wasn't showing any reaction not aggressive or friendly he stood on his stage looking at me which scared me more.

after a week from training him we became very close to each other he started to trust me and sit on my shoulder while i do my work.. i stopped going to the gym and cancelled all my tennis classes to spend more time with ziggy. Believe me when i say he is not just a bird he is different than all birds even the ones from his kind and species.

It took me around a month to cool him down and have almost a good control on him.
Ziggy is a very stubborn and hard headed and extremely moody , you can't tell him what to do he have to do it by him self.

I knew i had the control on him when one day i was sitting in the living room and i was really tired from having him on my shoulder so i left him on the couch after a while i went to my room to get something then i heard my brother calling me (come quick come quick) i ran to him to see that ziggy was climbing the couch and walking to find me i didn't believe it at first because to me it was no way to have a bird that walks following me. So i did it again and really he follows me. He follows me no matter where i am if i am in the kitchen he climb all the way down from his stage to the chair i am on around the table , even when i go to him i don't have to bend to carry him i just stand next to him and he would climb my legs all the way to my shoulders.

One day we had visitors and of course they were scared from him so he walked to me i was in the guest room once i stood to carry him he climbed my leg and stayed hanging on my hip, every time i tell him to go up to my shoulder he tell me (la'a) :) this is his first word la2 :) :)
so i walked him to his cage while he was on my hip :) crazy zeez

I stay more than 6 hours at school and i come home around 4 to 7 and i don't have lunch with my family during weekdays , the day before yesterday i came for lunch :) and i was telling my family about my day its always on lunch and they hate me for it :) anyways while i was so excited telling them one story my brother looked behind him wella ziggy wagef 3end bab al ma6bakh he was looking around before coming in, i was sitting at the far end on the table he didnt go close to any one around the table he simply went around them until he reached me and climbed my chair and settled behind me :)

He loved to peel radish he don't eat it but he peels it in the right shape . He is big time eb6eeney he loved to chew on anything but his favorite food are fruits and red chilies and toast,,but now a days he is in love with chocolates!! i wonder if he is reading my blog :P

there are two thing that when ever he eats them (yenashe3 oo yekhader) and the black pupile of his blue eyes faded away oo yedookh are chocolate and al 7ab al bunny i don't know what is called i hate 7ab. He peels it and throw it away :) and this was the first time for me to eat 7ab... When ever i want 7ab i give him and he peels it for me and i eat it :)

When there is no body at home i leave the radio on for him if he is not talking a walk around the house or with the maids :) , once i noticed that the only music that makes him go calm and he listens with his eyes closed are techno and jamaila.

Sometimes when i am really tired to take him to his place i take my nap while he is on the couch. Once i lay down he stands on any higher curve of my body if it was a knee or shoulder or hip or even a toe..but now a days because i've been busy from being with him he stands on my arm and tickle me ear and hair and makes me sleep..The good thing about him being on my arm when i take a nape is that he really make me take a nap and not sleep for a long time exactly 30 min and he starts waking me up by giving me kisses.

Ziggy loves being kissed and hugged a lot, one day in the early morning he was calling with his very loud voice and shouting calling me i went downstairs full of anger i was about to kill him:) but when i reached him he closed his eyes and gave me a kiss :) maynoon and instead of killing him i stayed awake playing with his and grooming his feathers until noon :)

If i ever come home and didnt great him and said salam to him he shouts until i go down and say it to him ...Oh yeah another thing when i am talking to others he gets really very jealous so he rubs his head on my cheek and play with my ear and hair and neck and if i dont give him any attention he comes down on my chest and start to turn his bogy around :)

al dala3 3endah la yo9af ya3ney yetdala3 walla ga6wa yagleb roo7a oo eyda3es rasah eb kel fat7a o yel7asney ..that day kind ga3da oo ohwa 3ala 7athney yetgalab yabe dala3 o ana 7agretah maskeen min kithir ma tegalab lool 6a7 min al qanafa o il moshkela ma wagaf '6al yetgalab 3ala al arth :) ...

te3abt oo ana a6ba3 :) and i dont remember more now...
when i remember more i will tell you about it :*

9 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

ANGEL!!! cham mara engoolech!

4/05/2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

LoooooooooooooooooooooL LoooL hehehehehehe abeeeeeeeeeeh
maykhalef 6awel balik purgi

4/05/2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Nooni
That was a really lovely post I enjoyed reading it! :)

Your Ziggy sounds like such a wonderful pet! And full of antics.

It's good you love him though because I heard that parrots become very attached to their owners and it is a lifetime thing. If separated they can become depressed. ALso all the stuff you mentioned about jealousy and possessive behaviour shows that he considers you his partner.

Just one thing...don't you have a problem w him messing everywhere if he is free and loose like that??

4/06/2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

im glad jo jo sweet : ) im really glad

4/07/2005 12:25 AM  
Blogger Blossom said...

Nooni

I enjoyed reading your post although it is a very long one ..
Please , I need to know how to deal with my gray parrot :( , he is aggressive , i brought him home last Feb. he is mute he never speakes :(( he whistles some times .. he eats nothing but 7ab.. he is driving me nuts ... do u have any idea how to deal with him ?

4/07/2005 2:58 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

jojo sweet: well i used to have a problem with his poops when he used to stay in the green room but now that he is inside the house he is almost undercontrol but yet he is a hard headed parrot so still there are little things messed up by him and my mom really hate me for that :D poor mother

blossom ausome:
please i need to know where is his cage? and how he gets aggrasive if he is mute bird ?
does he hate anyone to be around him?
is he in a crouded place?
did you try giving him some fruits ?
tell me more details please.

4/07/2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger Blossom said...

He is in the living room it is a pretty big room , I notice that he whistles in the middle of the night ... he is gets aggressive when I try to pay his attention and move him to the other side of the cage ...we all love him we feel that he is part of the family we talk to him as person but he just keep looking n gazing ... he used to eat 7ab when i feed him ... but now when i give him 7ab he throws it away !!! ...I tried to feed him lettuce , apples , cucamber ... he doesn't eat them ... I've read an article says that chocolate is harmful for a African Grey parrot !!....is it true ??

THNAKS A LOTS NOONI :)

PS: I like it when you call me blossom ausome ... it has a nice rhyme :)

4/07/2005 11:05 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

i liked it too blossom ausome ..listen girl he is insecure which means you should cover him for a while
and at night you should cover him as well.that why he wisles at night because he feels safe.
then it seems that he is in a place full of ppl so you should put his cage in a possition that he can see every thing and its not a place where every body paases by him.

another point since he is not eating it means 2 things either he is not hungry or he is dessperet and trying to starve him self to death.
So what you do is you take his food away for 2 hours and then start feeding him by your hand if he still was very agrassive you should put his food back and cover him for two days.

and then start again uncover him and try to take his food for 4 hours this time and feed him if it didnt work keep the food away and come to him after an hour or so until he eats from you.

and stay feeding him by your hand for a week but at night always put his food back .

and if you want him to learn how to talk ..i will tell u later but first he should trust you ...

and remember never feed him or train him when there is ppl around you too ,,it should be is a quite place and only you and the bird and dont you ever talk to anyone els than him when you are feeding him.
and always when you give him the food call him with his name so he can learn his own name and when he starts to recognize his name start telling him (good boy (his name) ) always encourage him and follow it with his name.

i would love to know if you need anything more you can tell me any time and ask anytime

and remember he should trust you first then the ppl around u he should have one trainer not more or he will get agrrasive

4/07/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Blossom said...

Wow, i'm impressed with the valuable information...
I cover his cage at night ... I tired to stop giving him food ... but he started to eat the wooden stick ... i think he started to eat wood when i stopped 7ab , but even when i returned his 7ab back he eats wood I think he likes it now !!!! which sooo weird

Thank you so much Nooni :)

4/09/2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home