Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The heck with Atkins and his fellow friends

I've always recommended Dr.Atkin's diet to people around me and I've always wondered how this diet is very effective, until I had the chance to meet with a great professor of mine who really pushed me into doing this theoretical research that depends on simple explanations and much reading. Thank you Dr.

After reading Dr.Atkins diet book and Dr.hussain dashti's book and understanding the theory of weight watchers diet, calories counting diets, 60gram carb's a day diet, south beach diet and understanding the theory of both nutritionist Youssif al KHuder and wejdan (at al awadi clinic) diets and Having biochemistry courses, I came out with this conclusion that impressed my teacher and she gave me an A right away for it.

_If you are a doctor this might be silly for you but well I am an undergraduate student at Kuwait university and they finally got to appreciate something else than examining us._

But first let me explain some biochemical reactions that occur on our bodies. In every human body all food that is digested is turned to glucose.. When you eat carbohydrates it is digested into glucose, when you eat protein it is digested to glucose as well but when you eat fats it will be consumed to give you energy which is sugars and stored in your body. To make a long story short the main food for the brain "which will be the director for every reaction in your body" is glucose.

Our bodies will digest all foods to glucose easily but with difference in time and this what gives you energy when you eat, carb's will take the shortest time to be converted to sugars to feed the brain while proteins and fats will take from 2-4 hours to give your brain some food (sugars).

In Atkins diet is a high protein high fat diet, its goes on studied phases and really good but the only problem with Atkins diet is when you finish the 6 month plane, when having a high protein fat diet you will force your body to undergo lypolises which is a biochemical reaction that happened in your liver to turn the body fat into glucose to feed the brain. This is a good thing you will lose the accumulated body fat and turn it into the energy source for your body. but in this reaction too many ketone bodies will be produced by which they are very highly dangerous and have harmful effects on the human health, the only way to get rid of them is by urine because it’s the only was you can lose these ketone bodies but when your body goes into lypolises it will produce high number of these ketone bodies which my be not easily to some people to get rid of them.

Atkins might help you lose the high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or high uric acid but all there will be gone with less sugars and starchy carb's into your body.

From all diets nutritionist are going back to the 60gram carb a day diet...it includes an intake of fruits ,lots of vegetable and once a day intake of carbohydrates and high intake of water more than 8 cups a day and at least 30 minutes walk a day 5 times a week.

You might be thin or skinny or fit but you might not be healthy.


Stay healthy , sorry for the long post I tried to do it short as much as I could, if you have any questions I would love to give you the information.
If you don't trust what I am saying please don’t hesitate and I will happily inform you with the resources.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jelly Belly said...

thanks sweetie for the info...I never could do Atkins because I started developing weird joint pain.
I know the best diet I followed is eating 6 times a day in small portions and stop eating anything after 7 pm....I know it's hard but it works (if I could only go back to it) and of course a fun exercise program.

tadreen nooni I know everything I'm supposed to do yet I don't do it! (stupid haa?)

4/12/2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

long post, i did not read it, all I say is, follow my advice and eat healthy and move around wo bas, wo stop dieting!

4/12/2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

jelly :) im in too :) 7addy i know bs ween ely yesawee ...jelly sugar follow the 60gram is the best even easir than 6 meals :)

purg: 7ather

4/12/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

dont just say 7ather, do it! laish ma tesm3een elkalam :P

4/12/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

purg if you just read the post :) because it has nothing to do with me and dieting ..anyhow i started my tennis again today so i am doing it :) inshalla purg

4/12/2005 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home