Thursday, January 27, 2005

YIPPY finals are over

On the end on each semester we (students) face big stress with out teachers and our teachers face less stress with few of the lazy students who remember their grade at the end of the year, and so for the others who study all year long to face an happy ending of the semester, but the difference is that we work very hard to get a point while others talk very laud to get their A's.

Here is one of the tragedies which face's me almost once a year with some of my amazing neat teachers, usually they lose my homework or end of semester report and thank god I save drafts on the my PC but this time it is unbelievable.

To make a long story short; at the end of the semester and specially two days after the final exam of this specific course the secretary calls me to ask if I had my midterm exam in this class!!@@ What!! Sure I did , then she reply "ok then hurry up this is your teachers no. call him he is waiting for you " ,,"okay" I replied.

My beautiful amazing teacher who is the biggest falasfchy in Kuwait has my mobile number and my house number and my e-mail because he asked for it when I was away from school for some health problems.

So I called Mr. faylasoof and he sound as if nothing happened and he don’t know what I am talking about _for god sake its 30% of the total _ and with his falsafchy coolness tells me "yeah ok you did the exam then! I don't have your grade, do you remember it ? " huh so funny, I work my @!! Off and try my best to get the grade I wish and at the end wa7ed em'6aye3ley homework wel thany emthaye3 report oo al a'7eer em'6aye3 emte7aan !!!!

So then he found my exam and I got an A in the course.

I hope you all students got great grades and wish you a pleasant holiday.

But the question is why does this thing happen to me every single semester? Why are Kuwait university teacher's _or doctors_ so careless about hard worker students!!! do we need to have a huge was6a in this as well !!! Did it ever happen to any of you?? What's wrong with Kuwait University?!!
Then they blame Kuwait university students for being lazy and careless, well evaluate the teachers first .
Why is this country going this way?


thank you '3asan i did good in my finals.

2 Comments:

Blogger غسان said...

First of all, I am gald that you have done well.
I don't have answers for your questions, but I know for sure that there is few good professors around in the university. Most are either consider each student to be their enemy, unless if he or she is from the same race, tribe, political party of even the social class, or they don't know how to act as professors (مو مصدقين انهم دكاتره). The latter could take your mobile number, call you for stupid reasons just to feel the dominance or that this professor controls your life. One of the latter group, asked the students affairs secretary to call me and ask me to meet this professor. I met her. She said dear Ghassan, your performance and commitment are excellent, but the committee that evaluates your work gave you 94.5 because you did not submit a written report. It was a research project course where I have to do some experiments and in the end of the semester I present my work to a committee of 3 professors including her becuase she was my supervisor. One gave me 9/10 and the second gave me 8/10, she must give me 10/10 becuase she saw everything the day before the presentation and it satisfied her. Now how could she come up with such number 94.5 I didn't know. I told her, A- is good I don't mind having it, but would you please tell me how did you come up with this 94.5 and how would I know that I have to submit a written report without anyone telling me that? Don't you think that you as a supervisor had to tell me that? She said stupid argements and then said wala Ghassan enta waladna testahel al "A".
Sorry for the long and irrelevant post but it hurts when you work and you get no appreciation

1/27/2005 10:41 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

oh my god how awful is that , i hated her already !! man i don't know why these teachers play with our nerves.

1/27/2005 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home